Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Seasonal delights at McGuigan Barossa Valley

I’m thrilled to be co-hosting the inaugural McGuigan Seasonal Market at McGuigan Wines in the Barossa Valley on Sunday 13 June with Senior Winemaker James Evers.

The farmers’ market style event will feature local produce (fruit and vegetables, quality meats, artisan cheeses, beautiful cakes, olive oils, native foods, fresh flowers and herbs), alongside wine tasting, live music, helicopter rides and childrens’ games including face painting.

I first went to the Barossa Valley for a Gourmet weekend in the late 1980s and what a time I had. I immediately felt at home and now I am able to call so many in the Valley my friends. I am well known for saying that Barossa Valley shiraz flows in my veins! I return as often as I can and have been to the weekly farmers markets many times, filmed there with Fresh and even cooked there when The Australian Women’s Weekly road train was in town. So I am well familiar with the history and traditions of the Barossa and how this plays out in modern day produce and wines.


Speaking of wines, there will be a selection of award winning McGuigan Wines, winner of International Winemaker of the Year in 2009 at the International Wine and Sprit Competition, London, on offer.

The day promises to be a great day out for everyone who loves food and wine.

I’ll be chatting to James Evers and the local producers as well as doing a cooking demonstration.

I hope to see you there.

Here are the details:
McGuigan Seasonal Market
Hermann Thumm Drive, Lyndoch SA 5351
09:30am – 4:00pm on Sunday 13 June
Click here for more information
McGuigan Barossa Valley is located 2km from the town center of Lyndoch at the start of the Barossa Valley. It is an easy one hour drive from Adelaide via the town of Gawler.

No comments:

Post a Comment